I’ve had a cookie pan similar to the one pictured below for a couple of years and used it only a few times. You can purchase it from Amazon by clicking on it. Today, I thought, what if I try to make madeleines in these molds? They’re about the same size as a madeleine pan. Since it’s Christmas, I’m in the mood for chocolate, so how about chocolate madeleines? I have combined several madeleine recipe sources to create this version. These are relatively simple and quick and make a great holiday gift.
Chocolate madeleines made in a holiday baking mold.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup superfine sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Spray molds thoroughl with cooking spray
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa and melted butter and mix gently to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the molds until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until Madeleines are set.