Now that it’s Fall, I’m back in the baking mood, mostly baking with pumpkin. But two sad, black bananas on the counter prompted this recipe today. It’s delicious and moist! Especially when still warm from the oven.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips & Pecan Topping
A twist on a classic
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup large, 60% cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Prepare a 9x5 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy. Add the two ripe bananas and beat until frothy. Add the vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated, but don't over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.